Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Work


Hello! Long time, no write... but here I am! I come bearing new painting progress. I believe I have finished most of my "follow a paintings" that I've started on here lately - so the next couple of days I will introduce the new in this studio. Actually, you have seen a glimpse of this first piece in the past. This is the canvas that would never dry! It seems to be drying okay now and I have some new ideas for it. As you can tell, I've made some progress on the sky. I think I will try one of my river/lake scenes on this. I have not tried water on a large scale yet so this may be a wonderful challenge. This canvas is 36" wide and 48" high. I can see the trees mingling with the clouds and some of the clouds reflecting in water below the trees. I'll keep you posted!


The weather is about to get a bit yucky. Be careful when you are out!


Until next time...

No comments: