Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday, January 27, 2008



Hello! This will be my very first "real" blog! I am quite excited and just want to start today with a short meet and greet! I am Amy Kaye. I wear several hats, as most of us do. As far as family hats, I am a wife, a daughter and a sister. As far as professional hats, I am an oil painter, which, in this blog I will probably be writing most about. I paint fantastic landscape paintings that are expressive in nature, telling a story about a particular scene, and use nothing but bright/ bold colors to tell that story. I love playing with contrast allowing my landscape subjects to pop! Other professional hats I wear on occasion include quilter, basket weaver, and framer. I enjoy hiking and those adventures typically become my paintings! I am also a runner, now training for a half marathon in April. Wow! Until you write them out, you just don't realize how many you wear (and I'm sure I'm missing one or two!)!! And now I have just tried out my blogger hat! I think it's going to be a fun new one to hang out in! Thanks for looking! Until next time...

No comments: