Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ugly Painting
















Hello!
And we're off! When I am a little strapped for time and I really, really want to get a piece finished by a deadline, I can cheat on the first layer if I need to. I can paint an underpainting in acrylic paint. Typically, acrylic drives me bananas because it dries way too fast for the amount of blending I like to do in my landscapes. However, I can get basic shapes, highlights, and shadows laid into my sky with the quick drying acrylic and then I only have to wait 15 minutes as opposed to 2 days for the under layer for the sky to dry. I call my acrylic underpaintings "ugly paintings." They look awful but they fulfill a great purpose. I want to have this painting finished by early next week and the ugly painting will really help.
Until next time...

No comments: