Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to everyone and guess who's finally back in her studio?! I am very excited about that. Before the holiday festivities and traveling began I started several pieces. I can't wait to get some color on those. And, of course, the beginning of the year brings about new evaluations on what will be happening as 2009 progresses. I have some great ideas I would like to put in place this year and hopefully you can follow me as I go along.


Last night I was cleaning pallets and mixing new colors and saw a bucket of gesso in the corner. The wheels started turning and I got the urge to experiment a little. I had some left over boards from a past project and this gesso (which is a thick paint that basically primes any surface you want to oil paint on). I decided to play with some texture. I found an old metal spoon and used it as my spreading and texturing tool. The picture you see above is my best experiment of texture I had last night. I will sand it a little to rid of the sharp peaks and then attempt to paint on top. I shall keep you updated!


Meanwhile, I promise not to quit my day job, as they say, and I've also mixed some colors for a nice snow scene I have started! Hopefully, I can get some trees painted in on my snowy path today. Wow, I was wordy today!


Until next time...

No comments: