Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm back!







I'm back in the studio again... when I was writing that, I was singing it in my head to the tune of "Back in the saddle again!" Just so we are on the same wave length! Anyway, I've got some exciting endeavors happening all at the same time today. I have started some more paintings for paint running that include some pretty fun texture. These pieces will be runner silhouettes with bright colored backgrounds/skies. This time instead of making the entire canvas textured, I decided to focus the texturing on just the runner. The diagonal lines simulate movement. We can imagine they are going places fast but not lose the their bodies in the blur!! I'm going to experiment with different colored backgrounds on each piece (I think).
While those are drying, I am working on the foreground shadows for the Conkles Hollow pair I shared with you last. Updates on those soon!

Until next time...

No comments: