Thursday, October 30, 2008

Farm Sky










Hello!





As the purple shadows dry for the 8x10 series, I have been scheming for the other paintings we are following. Above is the under painting and final sky for my farm commission. It will be named Minnesota Farm because that is where the farm is located. I kept the sky fairly quiet with a little less contrast than usual for me. I know the house and the barns are the main characters and they should have the most drama. I want the sky to play a nice role in the painting but I need it to stay in the background this time. It is really growing on me though...

I have some sky colors left over and if you follow my blogs you know what that means! I can't waste it - so get ready for a new series of skies. I actually have an under painting started that we saw a LONG time ago. It is the one that never dried. Well, sit it in the corner long enough and it will finally dry! I think I'll get it back out and try a final sky on it with my left over colors. Then we'll go from there. You never quite know what will happen next in the Taylor studio!

Until next time...




No comments: