Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Landscape Portrait


Good morning!

How nice to be blogging again! Today, I believe, is a great day in the studio with limited interruptions. Actually, I have to stop saying that - because something always comes up that makes me a lier!! Anyway, if that is the case, shadows finally go on my skies and Bessy finally comes to life!

The last few days I have been working on a couple commissions that have come my way. I finished another large basket for a wedding gift. I also started a landscape portrait commission. Landscape portraits are paintings of specific land or buildings that are very special to the person buying the painting. Above you see I am in the drawing stage for this portrait. This is presently a very old farm that has experienced some changes over the years. My patron would like it as she remembers it growing up. She took some pictures of the land presently and researched some pictures of how it used to be and here is the composition she needs to approve before I start painting. It is three drawings put together on the computer. I will probably start on her sky since I know that won't change and then add the buildings later. I think we'll follow this piece too. I think it will be different and special. Okay, now I'm off for a run and I should be back later today with some paint to show you!!

Until next time...

No comments: