Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Where's the barn?!


Hello

It has been a fun couple of days getting some finals strokes of paint on before my first show. As I was inventing new and beautiful scenes to go with my (what was it 14?) cloudy skies, I painted these wonderful grass scenes on 10 x 10 canvases. So.. when I was playing with the sky of Clouds over harvested corn, the wheels in my brain started turning and thought this was a perfect layout for a large grassy scene. The result is that the barn has moved to another canvas and a hill has taken it's place! I love being able to change my mind!!! The purple underpainting of the hill isn't dry yet so the green blades are still waiting to hop on. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll be able to get the grass on. It's got a fan on it, helping it dry a little. I really want it for Saturday so we'll see how that goes. Can't rush oils though... they have they're own time schedule!

Until next time...

No comments: