Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Follow a Farm, painting day 2


Good Morning! Thought I might check in this morning since I missed last night somehow! You know those eyelids start drooping and you just can't ignore them!! I call yesterday a modge podge of a day. I did a little bit of everything! The main project was a new quilt. I am actually working on two quilts at the moment. We finalized the design for the t-shirt quilt I was telling you about but I also worked on a quilt that will be donated for a fabulous cause, The James Stitching Sisters' 2008 "100 Quilts of Comfort." They provide quilts to breast cancer patients receiving treatment. I just could not pass up the chance to make a quilt for one of those ladies. My grandmother was a breast cancer survivor so I also get the chance to think about her while I'm sewing!

I also was able to sneak in some painting yesterday so I have a progress shot of Farm Scene. I got the buildings finished. They are just waiting for their green trees to surround them! Right now the trees are red. The red will help the green come alive when I am ready for that layer. Can't wait! Until next time...

No comments: