Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Follow the round bails


Good Evening!

I am about to test your multi-tasking skills! I have just designed, planned, and wired about 10 canvases to work on in a series. The subjects vary from round bails, to wooded views, to wide open fields. They will each have clouds and this paticular series includes several large sized canvases, the largest 36 x 48! We will not follow ALL of them because I think that could get rather nutty. However, we may attempt to follow two or three at a time.
Tonight I am showing you step two of the round bail sketch I drew yesterday. Here I have transfered the design onto the canvas with a simple line drawing in acrylic grey paint. The next step will be the under painting which I hope to get to tomorrow. This painting will be 15 inches tall and 30 inches wide.
I am also showing you the second barn drawing that I talked about yesterday. I loved the character that this old barn had. I am also playing with the persective of the field in foreground. I love looking at the rows upon rows of crops in a large field. Anyway, here is the preliminary sketch. This painting will be 30 inches tall and 40 inches wide. It's a big one!

Tonight I am working on a couple more sky under paintings since I have plenty of blues mixed. I have 5 rather big shows coming up so I really have to get a bit finished. Be back tomorrow!

Until next time...

No comments: