Monday, July 28, 2008

Follow a Yellow Sky


Good Evening!




Hope this post finds you well. I don't have a lot to report from the studio today because I am finally actually making my way there. Today turned out to be the typical run errands and take care of business Monday. However, I am able to show you the next step of my Yellow Sky. I have been calling this layer of my paintings my "shadows." Why? Well, this particular layer has a tendency to be in shades of purple and basically just outlines where everything will go in the following layer when I get all the other colors mixed and ready to go. I feel like I'm creating their shadows, thus the term. Here you see the tree shadows and have a good idea of where the meadows will be painted. It keeps me from having to worry about composition and details all at the same time! Enjoy. I hope to show the last layer of this piece really soon. I want it to be featured at my next show.


Until next time...

No comments: