Monday, July 21, 2008

Sketching Day


Hello!

Today was the drive back to Ohio. While Chris drove, I was able to go through some of my new photographs and start composing some scenes that I would like to paint. Above is a scan of my first sketch today (click on the picture for a more detailed look, then click the back arrow to return to the blog). I combined an image I took of round bails and drew in with them an image I found of a barn that had round bail stored inside. I like the idea of having bails inside and outside a man made structure. I have two ideas for barn scenes and this is the first. The other I am still solving the foreground on. I have an image in my head but it is a little stubborn making it onto paper! Tonight I will attempt to solve that issue. I will then project the images on canvases so I can start painting.

Until next time...

No comments: