Monday, June 23, 2008

Follow a Dogwood

Well hello everyone!

You know you really should attempt to get some sleep when you blog and then find out you've already talked about that photo!! I just blogged about painting my dogwood tree painting, when I scrolled through and saw I already showed you the first step of the
painting. So, scroll down and take a look at dogwood in it's first stages... now take a look at it with it's final strokes of paint! Fun transformation! I love how the bark of the tree makes the whole piece come alive and gives it that 3-D feel. Enjoy!

It was a six hour van ride back last night after the close of the show and I had plenty of time to think about my next series of paintings. I don't think my subject matter will change much but I have some new ideas for composition of these subjects and maybe playing with color schemes in the skies. I've seen some beautiful sun sets lately. Anyway, I will get to see if the visions in my head can translate on the canvas. It will definitely be fun to follow. The next couple of days I am just getting a couple started paintings finished for Crobsy Art Festival in Toledo this weekend... then, I think I get to play with my new ideas. Can't wait!

Until next time...

No comments: