Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What shall I do today?

Good Morning!

I was able to get a little bit done yesterday and one of the pieces I have been waiting to start is a new dogwood scene. This spring my husband got some beautiful shots of dogwood flowers from his mother's tree. I have painted dogwoods in the past and they are a very popular subject in my booth. However, I had one picture I was taking all my flowers from and I was feeling redundant with my flower shapes. Yesterday, I tried out some new shapes and I think I am pretty pleased so far. Here you see the progress shot from yesterday's paint. Today, I hope to get the bark on the tree and the deep blue sky behind the tree finished. That will actually complete the painting as well. Then, if I have time, I would love to work on a couple barn scenes I have started. I have been putting them off because they take a little extra attention and concentration. Later this evening, Chris and I are headed to down town Chicago and we will stay there through Friday. Chris has a workshop for his job there.

Until next time...

No comments: