Friday, June 27, 2008

New Follow a Painting


Good Morning!

I rushed off to paint last night so I thought I'd show you the beginning of what is anticipated a pretty fantastic painting. It is a new theme I have not painted in the past. Of course, it includes a pretty elaborate sky but the subject is new and patriotic. When we were in Glencoe, Chris took some great pictures of the town's flag against the, at that time, beautiful clouds of the day. It was very inspiring so I composed my favorite sky picture of the day against my favorite flag picture and you will see what I come up with the next few days. The canvas is 24 inches high and 36 inches wide. I painted the entire canvas a deep purple like I did my dogwood last week. I drew the flag out on a piece of contact paper and glued the flag where I wanted it on the canvas. Here you see the flag glued on and the palette of colors I will potentially be using for the sky. This is the clean, fresh version of the palette! I was trying to remember how many different tube colors I used total for all these shades of blue and purple... I think I have several combinations of about 9 different colors (of course, not all at once!!). Soon we'll see how those colors become a sky!

Until next time...

No comments: