Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Saturday!


Hello!

Welcome to anyone who may be new on my blog from Toledo! This weekend I am showing and selling my paintings at the Crosby Gardens in Toledo. I've had a lot of cards go out so thanks for coming to visit my blog! And thanks to all you loyal readers as well... good to chat at you again.

I got to paint at the show today and I started another sky there. I believe it will become a grassy knoll. However, we started following my flag yesterday and I am able to show you the next step. This is showing how I laid out all the cloud shapes before delving into the details. It is easy to do this when I have the dark purple background. When I start with a white canvas, I paint the blue sky first to leave behind the white cloud shapes. This is time I sort of went backwards. It's nice to switch it up sometimes! It will also be interesting to see if the skies have a different feel with this new technique.

Until next time...

No comments: