Sunday, February 24, 2008

Brand new "Follow a Painting"


Hello!

It's Sunday and I think I am ready to start a new "Follow a Painting." This one will be called Wet Rose until it is finished and titled. Today you are looking at the photo that inspired this painting. It is a picture I took of a rose in my father's garden. I think this is his favorite color and one of his pride and joys! I caught it on a day after it had just rained. That day, I was just snapping shots because it was so beautiful but now it's saying that I must paint it and paint it big!! This painting will be 36 x 36 inches. Can you imagine how fabulous those water droplets will be that large! I can't wait! This will take at least a couple layers of paint so come back and check on it's progress!!

And how are those cows you ask? Well, they are FINISHED!!! At the moment they are too wet to photograph but when they are ready, I will snap a shot for you to see! They turned out so sweet! They are headed to a gallery tomorrow so I'd better get the fan on it to speed dry!

Until next time...

No comments: