Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Follow a Painting



Hello! I thought I'd do a fun little project in my blog called "Follow a Painting." I thought it would be fun to take pictures of a painting during it's progress from white canvas to, in this case, beautiful rose! I didn't think of it until I was part way through the first brush strokes but here is the very first layer of paint on this painting. This piece is part of my nose to nose with nature series. Just thought of that too! I've been painting close ups of flowers, rocks, and trees for a little while now and this is the next addition to family! This layer is actually in acrylic (it dries faster) and it basically outlines my subject and blocks in the shapes. This will be a white rose. So to calibrate the lights and darks of the flower easier, I put in a dark background for now. I haven't yet decided what color the background will be but this will be a nice base for whatever I choose. Tomorrow, I shall have quite a bit of progress on the petals. Until then...

No comments: