Monday, February 25, 2008

Busy day


Hello!

I have a couple things to comment on this blog. First, take a look, it's the first step to painting Wet Rose. I now have it all mapped out with the petals and droplets just where I want them. I planned the painting on a small scale, in this case, I went straight from the photo. Often times I want to follow my own path and just use the photo as reference every now and again. This time, I am so pleased with my photo that I will probably stick rather close to it. Using a black and white copy of my design, I project the design onto the 36 x 36" canvas. I lay in important lines and now I'm ready to lay in some blocks of color. I'm hoping to get to that tomorrow.

Secondly, I went to help in the take in process at The High Road Gallery where my new cows were headed. It is a beautiful gallery. It is an older house converted into a gallery so it is very homey. My cows are over a fire place and look quite nice there! I have to go back and get a picture. I was trying desperately to get one green color to dry in time, so I missed any picture taking opportunities! But they made it there without getting paint on anyone! I also entered "When I Grow Up" of my field and tree paintings. My paintings are amongst a group of artists work from the Worthington Area Art League. It's going to be a very nice show!


Until next time...

No comments: