Friday, February 1, 2008

A New Painting



Happy Friday! It is snowing fluffy flakes outside my window right now! I actually do not mind the snow as long as I don't have to drive on it much!! Otherwise, it can be quite beautiful. However, there is no snow in this new painting! This one is titled "My Head's in the Clouds." It looks like the evergreen trees are enjoying themselves amongst the low clouds. In this painting, as I do with many of my cloud/ tree paintings, I thought about how the tree shapes complimented the cloud shapes. This oil on stretched canvas is 8" high and 6" wide. I paint around the edges of my canvases so there is actually more to this painting than you can truely see! By painting the sides, the image has a 3-D feel and it's ready to hang! Very fun! Enjoy!

Until next time... have a great weekend!

No comments: