Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wet Rose Painting Day 2


Good Morning! I suppose it is good morning as it is now past midnight and into the next day. However, I have not made it to bed yet so my mind is still on Wednesday!! I got a little excited about the progress of wet rose so I just kept going! I would say it is about half way under painted now. I call this layer the under painting because at the moment I am not concerned about minor details or major details for that matter. I just want to get a feel for the shapes, the layout, where some of the darks and lights will go. I will paint another layer on top of this one that will be more explicit and more dramatic.

As a side note but not too far off the beaten path, I received some exciting news in the mail today. I have been accepted into some top notch arts festivals this season in the Chicago area. I am quite amazed and absolutely thrilled! This is going to be a great festival season! Once things are squared away, I should have a full list of my shows this year on my website. I'll of course let you know when that is updated! As we would say on the running trail... Wooo Hoooooo!

Until next time...

No comments: