Thursday, February 7, 2008

Clouds and Cows

Good Thursday to you! I like my title today. It sums up a portion of my artsy day! The first part was continuing on my quilt. It is turning out gorgeous. I discovered a new technique for me today that allowed me to "write" on the quilt.
And then, I ended up in the painting studio working on my latest landscape. This piece is for a show called, "Art from the Heart." There were several places that I could have painted that would have struck a cord in my heart but the scene I chose is also very fun for me. My husband's Aunt and Uncle live on several acre's of land and raise Hereford cattle. I had never really paid that close attention to the farm until one day myself and another artist, Beth Crowder, decided to go on a photo shoot of the valleys and farm land around Zanesville. I promised her we would get to see cows on one of the farms and when we got there, no cows were in sight! I lamented this observation to my Uncle and he told me not to worry, when he saw us returning from taking photos of the other hills on the farm, he would call out the cows. Well, he did not lie and there they were coming right out to see us as we came back. I had a blast hanging out with the cows! I got the most fun and surprisingly inspiring photos of those cow diva's and it is his farm and his cows I am painting in my new work! Those crazy cows won over my heart and so they are going into the "Art from the Heart" show!
I have actually painted some of those cows in another painting and they will be hanging in an exhibition called "Wings, Tails, Hooves, and Scales." So far, my cows have gotten rave reviews. Why not paint some more! And of course I love to paint clouds in my scenes, so today in the painting room, it was all about clouds and cows!
Until next time... mooo?

No comments: